Dodge Ink Web Solutions is an Ottawa web site design and online solutions Company. We solve problems, create web solutions and design web sites for the specific needs of Ottawa and Kanata based small businesses and not-for-profit organizations.
As government web sites at all levels have become accessible, the public’s expectations of web sites have changed. We build accessible web sites. We test for accessibility in web sites. And we train web staff to maintain an accessible web site.
We have worked with and extensively customized each of the four major open source Content Management Systems (CMS): Joomla, Drupal, WordPress and DotNetNuke. In the preproduction phase of our web site development, we work with our clients to determine which CMS is the best for their needs. Dodge Ink will design and build a site template in the appropriate CMS, test if thoroughly and train staff to use it.
We have developed many custom database driven solutions for our clients:
- an Instant Squash tool for Squash Canada which partners clubs with new participants across Canada;
- an integrated online membership database and program registration system including eCommerce for Field Hockey BC in PHP;
- an integrated online membership database and program registration system including eCommerce for Squash BC in ColdFusion;
- an integrated online membership and resource sales system in Drupal for the Vanier Institute of the Family.
Dodge Ink has a long history of excellent service to its clients. We recognize that, in the busy world of small business, there is often not enough time for the ideal completion of projects. We are prepared to help our clients meet their deadlines. We provide web site technical support. We provide ongoing web site maintenance. We will respond to all requests within the same day. We will respond to urgent requests within 2 hours. Technical support contracts are available at competitive rates.
We have presentations designed to train organizations at various levels of sophistication: “Social Media Made Simple”, “Moving up the Social Media Curve”, “Social Media RIO”. And we will help you design a social media strategy. We can show you how to use the best social media tools.
We will create a logo designed to become a highly recognizable brand for your business. Not only will your logo look good, but it will be flexible enough to serve all of your marketing and communication vehicles including: social media, web site, business cards, letterhead, newspaper ads etc. We will provide you with a variety of high-res formats of your logo.
If you need to take payments through your web site, Dodge Ink has extensive experience with integrating stores, registrations, membership sign-ups with various payment gateways including Paymenttech, eXact, Internet Secure and PayPal. We have also created Shopify web sites and set-up all of the taxes, shipping, customer accounts and confirmations.
We have several partners which provide good quality web hosting with 24/7 technical support. The fee for this service starts at about $250 per year for basic web space. We will help you select the hosting which matches the needs of your business. Should your web site ever have problems, Dodge Ink technical staff with contact the hosting technical support and work with them until the issue is resolved.
For more than 16 years Dodge Ink has solved problems and created web site solutions for the specific needs of national sport and active-living organisations, and many small businesses located in Ottawa, Kanata, Toronto and right across Canada. Dodge Ink has delivered an extensive array of online tools including content management systems, membership registration systems and databases, event and conference registrations, email subscriptions, polls, and eCommerce solutions. Moreover, Dodge Ink thrives on problem solving and solution generation with small businesses.
DEPTH OF EXPERIENCE:
Dodge Ink has built web sites for many major sport and active living organizations such as: the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC), PHE Canada, Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS), the Canadian Cycling Association, Speed Skating Canada, Field Hockey Canada and Synchro Canada.
Other non-profit lifestyle organizations include the Canadian Fitness and Lifestyle Research Institute and the Vanier Institute of the Family. In addition, we have sponsored the web sites of the Mark Lowry Drive for the Podium Golf Tournament and the Olympic Pridehouse for Vancouver 2010.
Dodge Ink has a long history of excellent service to its clients. We have had relationships with many of our clients for more than 10 years. We provide prompt and effective technical support.
The Dodge Ink team on all projects will includes a senior staff person from start to finish.
The preproduction phase is the most critical step in the site development process. It involves a series of meetings between the client and Dodge Ink.
- We will define the role of the web site in achieving your needs and goals, and develop an approach that fits (or complements) the resources that you have available.
- The desired “look and feel” will be determined.
- The best CMS will be selected
- Any custom tools (such as membership or program registrations) will be defined.
The output of this phase will be a Web Brief, which will outline the web strategy. In addition, we will have created the site information structure; the site design; selected the most appropriate CMS; and developed specifications for any custom tools.
PHASE 2 – Production
During this phase, the site and any required tools will be built and tested.
- The selected CMS will be installed in the chosen hosting environment.
- The design will be incorporated, conform with World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- The CMS will be customized to handle the requirements detailed in Phase 1.
- Custom solutions will be built and integrated. The page structure will be created and the navigation tested.
- The site content will be input or migrated.
- The site will be tested and reviewed by Dodge Ink and you.
- Your staff will be trained to use the administrative backend of the CMS and to incorporate accessible content.
- The site will be launched, including setting up required custom error pages such as 404s, making specific redirects for some key pages, and pointing the DNS at the new site.
PHASE 3 – Support
Dodge Ink will be available to provide maintenance and support. You will be provided with technical support emails and phone numbers. Dodge Ink will provide system upgrades as CMS updates occur. Dodge Ink support and maintenance services are provided at a competitive hourly rate.
PHASE 4 – Evaluation
Dodge Ink and you will have an ongoing relationship including an annual review/evaluation meeting.